Stockwell Elastomerics inventories and fabricates the full product line of Saint-Gobain Cohrlastic closed cell silicone sponge materials that include sponge sheets with low compression set properties, UL 94HB, UL 94V-0 flame ratings and thermal conductivity as well as fluid and fuel resistant fluorosilicone and general purpose silicone sponges.
Stockwell Elastomerics applies a variety of pressure sensitive, acrylic and silicone pressure sensitive adhesive backings and can furnish parts with a conductive surface coating for high temperature ESD grounding applications. Stockwell Elastomerics also applies a conductive surface coating to silicone sponge where soft sponge is needed in combination with ESD protection.
Silicone sponges and silicone rubber sheets are readily fabricated into silicone sponge gaskets and cushioning pads through die cutting, water jet cutting, adhesive lamination and strip slitting.
Most commercially available silicone sponge products are made from gum based polydimethylsiloxane (PMDS) wherein the polymer is chemically expanded through heat curing to create the closed cell sponge structure. Expanded closed cell silicone sponge offers several performance benefits of solid silicone in a softer and more compliant form.
Key benefits of closed cell silicone sponge:
- Wide operating temperature from -73ºC to 260ºC
- Closed cell structure allows for good water sealing with relatively low compressive forces
- Excellent compression set resistance, especially at higher temperatures
- Low compression set silicone sponges available for even better performance than general purpose grades
- Excellent UV and ozone resistance for long term performance
- Silicone sponge parts offer better toughness compared to silicone foam products
- Excellent material choice for outdoor gasketing in any environment
- General purpose: R-10470-M medium, R-10470-F firm, S-10418-XF extra firm
- Low compression set: R-10480-S soft, R-10480-M medium
- UL 94 flame rated: R-10460-M, UL 94HB, R-10400 UL 94V-0 (UL-listed)
- Fuel and chemical resistant: R-10490 fluorosilicone
- Thermally conductive: R-10404
- Reinforced: R-10450 fiberglass reinforced for dimensional stability
- Electrically conductive: S480-62-CON soft, S470-62-CON medium, S418-62-CON extra firm, sponge with carbon filled silicone coating for ESD grounding applications