Debuting at Pro Light and Sound show in Frankfurt, the VariLite VLX Wash luminaires are the next generation of solid-state lighting, available from Jands that initiate revolution in automated lighting. The VLX gives customers all the benefits of LED technology and the best visual performance characteristics of a tungsten source. VLX offers stunning colours and intensity, multi-year source life and high reliability. Combined with low energy consumption and maintenance costs, the VariLite VLX resets the bar for all other LED fixtures.
Seven, proprietary, 90W CBM380 RGBW LED chipsets provide output that offers three times the efficacy of comparable tungsten sources. The total system provides greater than 10,000 lumens of output, and the 50,000 hour source life of the chip ensures that lamp replacement costs are a thing of the past. The internal beam homogenisation system, (patents pending) enable colour mixing to be smooth, natural and free of colour shadowing effects associated with other LED fixtures. Additionally, the VLX offers a CRI of 93, a continuously adjustable colour temperature white range between 3000° and 6500°K, and seamless colour mixing that all combine to create a source that behaves like familiar and effective tungsten luminaires without the associated costs and inefficiencies inherent in those systems.
Zoom control is achieved by the use of a patented lens system that offers 3:1 range from 22° to 60°. Accessory mounting points are included allowing the attachment of additional, aftermarket beam control devices. All movements are smooth, silent and accurate under the control of the time-proven VariLite three-phase motor system with a full 540° of pan and 270° of tilt control. The luminaire offers five-pin DMX in and thru connectors, Ethernet input, and a backlit menu panel for easy installation and operation. Control is achieved through a variety of DMX consoles and output devices. Large, rugged handles insure easy installation, and subdued style and understated lines allow for seamless integration into any lighting rig or stage setting. Pan and tilt transport/service locks and low fixture weight make moving the VLX as simple and efficient as its operation.
VLX’s programmable functions include:
- Intensity control: Smooth, high resolution dimming control of R,G,B and W LEDs.
- Colour mixing system: 7 x 90W RGBW CBM380 LED chipsets. Each chipset contains high density red, green, blue, and white LED emitters.
- Zoom optics: Patented, 3:1 optical system with continuously variable field angle from approximately 22° to 60°. (Zoom module is easily removable for fixed field angle of 20°.)
- Strobe: High speed with multiple strobe effects.
- Pan and tilt: Smooth, time-controlled continuous motion by way of a pair of three-phase stepper motor systems.
- Range: Pan - 540°, Tilt - 270°.
- Accuracy: 0.3° resolution.
VariLite VLX Wash luminaires have the following features:
- Source: 7 x 90W CBM380 RGBW chipsets
- Colour, temperature: White, variable between 3000°K and 6500°K
- CRI: 93
- Manufacturer rated life: In excess of 50,000 hours. (L10 – 70%)
- Output: Exceeds 10,000 lumens
- Power requirements: Standard AC power distribution from 100 to 240V AC, 50/60Hz. The unit requires up to 10A depending (on the AC supply voltage)
- Operational temperature: -20°F to 122°F (-29°C to 50°C)
- Cooling: Variable forced air cooling