Shure's latest product is the ULX-D wireless microphone system. This is essentially a digital version of the ULX series, which is has advanced audio quality capabilities and a few extra features added in but is not a replacement for the ULX.
The ULX-D has many great features:
- 24 bit 48kHz end to end digital transmission. Delivers pristine quality 20Hz - 20kHz audio with 120dB of dynamic range.
- True linear system, no need for analogue compansion (compressor/ expander) systems. This wireless system has the same sound as a cable.
- An audio gain adjustment from the receiver, no longer need to spend time fiddling with the analogue gain trim on the transmitter, the ULX-D has 60dB of analogue gain adjustment at the receiver.
- ULX-D is net workable, receivers can be networked via Ethernet (TCP/IP) and have full remote control via the Shure Wireless Work Bench 6 (WWB6) software. Can also be integrated with other Shure net workable products, ideal for system wide programming and control.
- Encryption, included is the AES 256 encryption for secure transmissions.
- Advanced Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries with over 12 hours of operation in one charge. Included is also a new docking recharge station
- Common rechargeable battery solution for all systems.
- Reliable RF performance, operates in the UHF TV spectrum making it compatible with existing wireless microphone systems.
- Digital dividend ready, capable of delivering up to 60 compatible systems in one frequency band.