The industry standard Source Four Zoom optical system has been integrated with a unique, watertight housing by ETC to create the Source Four HID Zoom eX outdoor lighting system.
Powered by the 12,000-hour MasterColor CDM 150w lamp, Zoom eX is rated IP65 for exterior lighting applications and is ideal for gobo/pattern projection and tight shutter cuts on specific structures or architectural details.
Source Four HID Zoom eX exterior lighting system features a rugged, die-cast and extruded aluminium construction with a unique watertight exterior housing seal. The exterior housing conveniently hangs from a yoke during focus, freeing both hands for adjustment.
Precision extruded optical rails with positive lens position locking ensure precise and accurate focusing at any angle from 15 degrees through to 30 degrees.
ETC’s proven 20 gauge stainless steel shutters are used in a tri-plane assembly that rotate ±25º so that all shutter angles are achievable. There is a slot for glass or stainless steel gobos or patterns.
Key features of Source Four HID Zoom eX exterior lighting system
- Integral watertight electronic ballast housing tilts down for easy access to the lamp
- Rated 12,000-hour lamp life
- 150W electronic ballast draws less than 14 Amps inrush current for less than one AC cycle
- Power factor of more than 95% and operating current draw of only 0.74A helps the lighting fixture meet green energy guidelines
- Optical system optimised for maximum photometric performance and field uniformity eliminating hotspots and black holes
- Faceted borosilicate reflector with dichroic cold mirror coating removes greater than 90% infrared radiation and reflects greater than 95% of visible light
- Both reflector and lenses are secured with anti-vibration shock mounts to reduce the incidence of damage during rough handling
- Combination of low wattage source and cold mirror technology results in very low gate and beam temperatures, preventing warping of shutters and gobos
- Shipped with a 150W Philips MasterColor 3000°K CDM lamp delivering a CRI of 85