On a worldwide singer/composer Lily Allen has enjoyed great front-of-house sound on four continents, thanks to the Soundcraft Vi6 large-format digital live sound consoles from Jands . The Vi6 digital consoles were designed using the proven reliability of Studer's Vista and OnAir 3000 series of consoles and that utilises the intuitive Vistonics II user interface. Soundcraft's first large-format digital live desk, the Soundcraft Vi6 is a third-generation console, thanks to a joint development with sister console company Studer, and is part of the extensive Vi Series of consoles.
Features of the digital consoles include:
- The patented Vistonics II interface on the digital console uses a sophisticated touchscreen colour TFT monitor with integral rotary controls and switches mounted on the glass to provide a “where you look is where you control” user experience
- The Vi6 digital consoles offer 64 mono inputs (expandable up to 96) into 35 outputs
- Pairs of mono inputs can be linked to the digital consoles to create stereo channels
- Its 24 insert send/return pairs can be configured (using available I/O) and assigned to any of the 64 inputs or 35 output channels
- All 64 input channels on the digital consoles can have direct outputs in addition to their internal bus routing, assuming sufficient I/O is available (via an optical MADI card)
- There are 16 GPIO contact closure inputs and outputs on the local rack, and 8 inputs and outputs on the stagebox, as well as one MIDI In and two MIDI Outs on the rear of the control surface