The new JBL Commercial Series ceiling speakers, available from Jands , have been designed for paging and background music applications such as retail stores, restaurants, schools and other public facilities. These loudspeakers are highly sensitive, maximising sound levels even when programmed to low tap settings, and the wide dispersion provides extensive sound coverage.
These ceiling speakers are available in the following 3 distinct models:
- CSS 8004 - a 4" (100 mm) ceiling speaker that has a high 90 dB sensitivity, a 5 Watt multi-tap transformer for 100V, 70V and 25V distributed lines. It has a wide 175° coverage and fits the optional CSS-BB4 backcan.
- CSS 8008 – an 8" (200 mm) ceiling speaker with a high 96 dB sensitivity and 5 Watt multi-tap transformer for 100V, 70V and 25V distributed lines. This one has a 120° conical coverage and fits the larger optional CSS-BB8 backcan.
- CSS 8018 - an 8” (200 mm) high-output ceiling speaker with a high 97 dB sensitivity and a larger 10 Watt multi-tap transformer for 100V, 70V and 25V distributed lines. It also fits CSS-BB8 backcan.
- Full 25 mm (1 inch) diameter voice coil with a Kapton coil-former
- High-temperature wire for power dissipation and long-term reliability
- Driver, grille and transformer come pre-assembled for easy installation
- Comply with UL1480 and UL2043 requirements for use in plenum ceiling spaces