JBL Professional announced the release of MSC1 control centre software for Macintosh computers at the recent Audio Engineering Society Show in San Francisco.
The new audio control software enables Macintosh computer users to take advantage of MSC1 Monitor System Controller’s powerful speaker tuning and software-controlled features.
Key features of MSC1 Monitor System Controller:
- Available in a compact desktop form factor
- Provides features found in the monitor section of professional mixing consoles such as:
- Input source selectors
- Large volume control
- Ability to listen to two sets of speakers
- Connected subwoofer
- Allows adjustment of MSC1 speaker alignment delay, EQ and settings for a connected subwoofer
- Software gives access to MSC1’s powerful RMC Room Mode Correction system that tunes speakers for greater accuracy and superior mixes in any room
- Software runs on any Power PC or Intel Macintosh computer with Tiger, Leopard or Snow Leopard operating system (OSX 10.4.1.1 or greater)
- Provides the ability to monitor up to three 2-channel input sources such as mixing console, computer workstation and personal music player while controlling the volume of the monitor system and connected headphones
- Allows connection of two sets of speakers and a subwoofer
- Subwoofer output has its own level control and selectable crossover settings to perfectly blend a sub with the ‘A’ speakers while ‘B’ speaker outputs allow connection of a second set of studio monitors
The acoustics of the room can influence what listeners hear and poor room acoustics can compromise the quality of mixes.
With this in mind, the MSC1 includes JBL's RMC Room Mode Correction Technology that measures the room and automatically tunes the speakers for more accurate low-frequency response at the mix position.
RMC calibration is simply carried out using a supplied microphone and MSC1 control centre software.
Peter Chaikin, Director of Marketing, Recording & Broadcast, JBL Professional says that the MSC1 control centre software is popular with studio owners who need to take control of their workflow.
He makes special mention of the RMC feature that is making a significant difference, particularly for home and project studio owners.
The Macintosh software will be offered on the CD-ROM included with the new shipments of the JBL MSC1 Monitor System Controller or can be downloaded from the JBL Professional website.
Jands is a leading Australian distributor of professional audio equipment as well as lighting and stage systems.