Professional sound equipment distributor Jands offers the newly launched JBL PRX600 Series loudspeakers, a self-powered range of portable or installation speaker systems to replace JBL’s now deleted PRX500 product line.
The JBL PRX600 Series loudspeakers comprise of 6 speakers including 3 two-way models, PRX612M, PRX615M and PRX625 as well as a single 3-way design PRX635, and a pair of single 18-inch subwoofers, PRX618S and PRX618S-XLF.
All the elements feature M10 flypoints to facilitate easy installation. Additionally, the 612M and 615M can be used as a floor wedge and also have a DSP preset for that configuration that can be activated from the input panel.
The JBL PRX600 Series loudspeakers are built lightweight with several weight-saving features.
Weight on all products has been reduced through use of JBL differential drive transducers, which have filtered down from JBL tour sound products. These super lightweight drivers feature 2 voice-coils and dual gap with a neodymium magnet.
Weight is also optimised with glass-filled nylon carry handles and Crown class D amplifier modules. These combined efforts see the PRX612M weigh in at just 15.5kg.
Key features of JBL PRX600 Series loudspeakers:
- Speakers are manufactured from 25mm and 19mm plywood constructed with tongue and groove joints
- Speakers are covered in JBL’s tour grade Duraflex finish and feature dent-resistant 16 gauge steel grilles
- PRX612M and PRX615M cabinets feature JBL’s dual angle 36mm pole mount socket to aim the sound where desired
- Amplification and system processing for these units is supplied by sister Harman companies, Crown and dbx
- Class D amplifier modules are high power, low distortion and lightweight designs, incorporating dbx type lV limiting circuitry on the input stage for optimum signal integrity
- Performance is further enhanced with an embedded DSP chip providing preset EQ, crossover and amplifier control and protection
- User activation of 90Hz high pass for the output sockets and polarity is available on both models of subwoofers
- Preset for system use as a floor wedge or as an FOH speaker is provided on the PRX612M and PRX615M
- PRX625 and PRX635 systems have the ability to operate with an EQ boost in place
- All full range speakers feature a sensitivity switch so that microphones may be directly connected to the system
JBL PRX600 Series is a concise range of portable or installation speaker systems built with inputs from JBL, a company famous for making world-leading loudspeakers, Crown, well known for making amplifiers and dbx, a specialist in building speaker processing.