JBL AE series loudspeakers are now available in an all weather (AW) variant for deployment in outdoor environments.
JBL AE series loudspeakers can be found in a number of applications where they are deployed outdoors in either WRC or the more heavy duty WRX weather resistant variants.
Key differentiators in the new AW series loudspeakers include a multilayer glass composite or fibreglass construction in addition to a mutlitap high power transformer embedded in the box.
The regular AE WRC/WRX speakers feature plywood boxes (fibreglass wrapped in the case of the WRX) and are available as low impedance loudspeakers.
The AW series loudspeakers feature a sealed barrier strip input connector whereas the WRs come with an attached cable. All AW speakers are passive.
The all weather range of JBL loudspeakers is available in a choice of two models with various dispersion patterns. These include a single 12” with a 1.5” compression driver and a single 15” with the same 1.5” compression driver.
The JBL AW series loudspeakers are ideal for sporting arenas or racetracks where long speaker cable runs may be required.
Key features of the AW series loudspeakers:
- Two models, 12” and 15” available with 60x60 and 90x50 dispersion variants
- 15” model offers an additional 120x60 version for extra wide coverage
- Field rotatable waveguide to suit the orientation of the speaker
- Stainless steel U type mounting bracket in black or grey with every speaker
- 100v, 400w transformer with an 8Ω setting
- Long term power rating or 100 hour rating is 600w, with 2400w peaks
- Delivers a maximum continuous average of 123dB with peaks of 129dB SPL on the 12” model, measuring 1dB better on the 15”
- Frequency response on the 12” goes from 42Hz through 20kHz, and from 40Hz up to 18kHz on the 15”
- IP56 capability for outdoor use
JBL products are available in Australia through Jands , a leading distributor of professional sound systems as well as lighting and staging equipment.