ELAST-O-Pure EP75 Black ethylene-propylene elastomer was developed by James Walker to meet the stringent requirements of the pharmaceutical and bioprocessing sectors.
James Walker’s confidence in promoting this material is based on ten years of successful supply into the pharmaceutical and bioprocessing industries.
* Independently tested in accordance with, and conforms to United States Pharmacopoeia (USP) 28 Class VI.
* Compounded to give extremely low extractables. The Total Organic Carbon (TOC), or the amount of water-extractable materials, is 20% of the level typically found in EPDMs of this class.
* Very low compression set, so ideally suited for the manufacture of O-rings, hygienic clamp fitting seals and other items where long-term retention of sealing forces is required.
* Resistance to steam sterilisation - ideal for Sterilised-In-Place (SIP) processes.
* Chemical resistance, including acid and alkaline cleaners used in Clean-In-Place (CIP) systems.
* Excellent release properties from stainless steel after prolonged contact at elevated temperatures.
The Elast-O-Pure EP75 Black ethylene-propylene elastomer is available as O-rings, custom mouldings, sheet and precision cut gaskets.