According to Mathew Wyatt, Parts and Attachments Sales Manager for JCB Construction Equipment Australia, the JCB stump grinders comprising of the SGS26 and SG30HF models offer complete compatibility with the multifunction controls in JCB’s New Generation skid steers.
JCB’s stump grinder attachments can be fully operated with complete range of movement safely from within the cabin, unlike standalone stump grinding machines with the two stump grinders using their 28-teeth grinding wheels to quickly grind down any stump the skid steer can reach. The 762mm wheel on the SG30HF can grind down a 300mm diameter stump in under a minute.
The SGS26 is a low flow model designed for skid steer loaders with auxiliary flow hydraulics rated between 60 and 83 litres per minute, while the more powerful SG30HF is a high flow model designed for machines rated between 95 and 151 litres per minute.
The design and pattern of the cutting teeth allows the stump grinders to be operated in both horizontal and vertical motion. Each model can be fitted with either square teeth with single lock nut chain, or shard style teeth with universal bolt pattern depending on the hardness of the stump being removed.
Key features of JCB stump grinders:
- Fully floating spring loaded chassis prevents excess pressure on the attachment for maximum grinding efficiency
- Safety bypass circuits prevent damage to the attachment
- SGS26 at 327kg and SG30HF at 361kg can be easily fitted in the field
- Fits the offset mounted arm design of the skid steer, providing excellent visibility to the cutting area
- Built-in frame mounted grouser pads make contact with the ground while cutting, for stability
- Adjustable valves allow the operator to fine-tune speed control of swing and lift functions for maximum performance