ITECH Corporation has announced the release of the Nethix WEB Engine, a WEB, WAP and SMS server for remote control and machine-to-machine applications.
The WEB Engine is equipped with an on-board GSM modem for direct connection to the GSM network, targeted to systems integrators, software developers and commercial or industrial automation systems builders.
Industrial users can derive benefits from internet technology and wireless networking over GSM/GPRS, opening new scenarios in remote control and remote diagnostic applications.
Through embedded WEB/WAP servers, industrial plants, buildings and machinery can be accessed from a browser from any place in the world.
The WEB Engine lets end users monitor and control remote devices using:
* A personal computer connected to the internet with a standard WEB browser.
* A personal computer directly connected to the WEB Engine through a wireless GSM modem and a standard WEB browser without the internet network infrastructure involved.
* The WAP browser of any GSM WAP mobile phone or,
* Any GSM mobile phone using SMS messages.
The WEB Engine can send e-mail and SMS depending on the initiating of I/O signals.
* Standalone WEB, WAP and SMS server for remote control/monitoring applications.
* Fully customisable for target applications.
* Software development toolkit WE-DEVTOOL.
* Internal real time clock.
* Dual band GSM modem.
* Voice, SMS, data and fax.
* Hayes compatible AT commands.
* 4 opto-isolated digital input inputs at 24V dc.
* 4 relay outputs.
* 4 analogue inputs, 0-10V, 4-20mA.
* 2 analogue outputs 0-5V.
* Modbus compatible protocol built in
Applications include industrial plant monitoring and remote control, home and building automation, M2M communications, gas, water and electricity remote meter reading, weather monitoring, telemetry, automotive and vehicle tracking applications.