BR-44 industrial remote control and monitoring system, available from Island Electronics , has bi-directional operation.
In addition to sending control commands to the machinery, the controller receives real-time feedback from the machinery, providing the operator or host PLC/control panel with machine status.
This design provides a solution when one-way remote control is not enough but complex SCADA-type systems are not warranted.
The BR-44 industrial remote control and monitoring system and its variations are suited to numerous remote control applications including the following :
- Control and monitoring without cabling
- Remotely operated vehicle control
- Water pumping and pressure/level monitoring
- Mining and environments hazardous to humans
- Materials handling equipment
- Concrete pumping and agitators
- Telemetry for process control and scientific research
- Simultaneous remote control and remote monitoring
- Standard operating distance up to a kilometre or more. Longer ranges are obtained by including a repeater and/or higher-gain antennas
- More than one remote control system can operate in the same area without conflict with other systems
- Power and signal watchdog for safety
- Does not use a mobile phone network, so will work just about anywhere
- Reliable, licence-free radio technology
- Base product hardware and firmware customisable to user requirements
- Designed and manufactured in Australia