Invensys Operations Management is a global provider of industrial automation and information technology solutions to the manufacturing and infrastructure operations industries.
Invensys Operations Management has signed a 5-year, multi-million dollar contract to deliver a comprehensive refinery-wide optimisation solution for Bangkok-based Thai Oil Public Company Limited, one of Asia Pacific’s leading refining and petrochemical companies.
Under the terms of the agreement, Invensys will implement its SimSci-Esscor ROMeo optimisation software to improve the real-time performance of Thai Oil’s refinery operations.
The ROMeo software application is an integrated software solution for simulation, data reconciliation and operations decision support, and will be a critical part of Thai Oil’s five-year master plan to optimise all its major distillation and conversion units as well as its plant-wide energy and hydrogen systems.
Invensys will also provide turnkey design, engineering, commissioning and consulting services for the refinery-wide optimisation solutions.
Ravi Gopinath, President, Invensys Operations Management, Asia Pacific said that by providing accurate modelling and superior solver capabilities at every critical unit, the ROMeo solution will help Thai Oil maximise profits as well as minimise plant and processing costs.
Additionally, the optimisation software will help Thai Oil achieve operations excellence by balancing control, asset and productivity excellence along with environment and safety excellence.
Key benefits of SimSci-Esscor’s ROMeo optimisation software:
- Provides a leading unified modelling environment for off-line and on-line optimisation
- Suitable for application in refinery, petrochemical and chemical plants
- Provides a scalable environment for optimising all major refinery units as well as other aspects of refinery profitability such as utilities and instrument/equipment performance
- Leverages the rigorous predictive models to enhance planning and scheduling decisions, leading to increased refinery margins
- Integrated software solution for simulation, data reconciliation, operations decision support and optimisation
Chaiwat Damrongmongkulgul, Deputy Managing Director, Refinery, Thai Oil said that they needed a comprehensive, scalable solution that would help them drive continuous peak performance.
Thai Oil also needed to move to real-time optimisation to meet their long-term strategic objectives. Invensys’ sustainable optimisation solution will now allow them to improve the profitability of their operations in real-time.