Invensys Process Systems today announced that its flagship Avantis. PRO enterprise asset management (EAM) software is now more tightly integrated with Microsoft Dynamics AX enterprise resource planning (ERP) software. The integration of these leading software packages provides a powerful, easy-to-use solution that ensures financial and enterprise-planning decisions are made using timely, reliable information about the health and operation of all assets within a manufacturing facility or organisation.
The Avantis.PRO solution is among the industry's most comprehensive EAM offerings, and Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 is a leading business management and ERP solution, facilitating business functions such as general ledger, accounts receivable and asset value reporting. The integrated package is a standard, scalable architecture that will appeal to information technology, business operations and plant managers alike.
Features and benefits of the software integration include:
- Software integration is faster, easier connectivity through the use of predefined connections and standards-based integration concepts and frameworks
- Higher reliability, based on implementation of proven, heavily tested software from trusted sources
- Greater enterprise-wide data access, which improves asset availability and utilization by providing financial systems with timely access to asset-related data, such as maintenance planning and schedules, projected failure rates and equipment service histories
- Lower costs, by implementing a scalable, out-of-the-box solution that can be upgraded as the business requires
- Seamless coordination and automation of business processes, improving efficiency, increasing accuracy and eliminating data entry errors
“This latest collaboration is a product of a long and successful business relationship that Invensys and Microsoft have enjoyed, not just with Avantis®, but with many of our products,” said Sudipta Bhattacharya, president and chief executive officer, Invensys Operations Management. “Augmenting Microsoft’s open development and applications environment with our experience in building solutions that address the intricacies of production environments significantly reduces risk, maximizing return not only on software investment, but on all assets.”