The new SM-8X8-DVI Series video matrix switches available from Interworld Electronics with eight inputs and eight outputs are designed to route video from up to eight single link digital DVI-D video sources to up to eight displays.
The video matrix switches route video from computers, DVD players and satellite receivers to displays such as LCD monitors, plasma screens, DLP HDTVs and projectors.
The video matrix switches are available in two models:
- SM-8X8-DVI-LCD switches DVI-D signals only
- SM-8X8-DVIA-LCD includes support for stereo analogue audio
Key features of the SM-8X8-DVI Series matrix switches:
- Can connect any input to any output
- Capable of broadcasting one input to multiple outputs
- Extended display identification data (EDID) learning allows the matrix switches to adjust its video parameters to match the capabilities of the connected DVI display device
- Support for HDTV resolutions up to 1080p and computer resolutions up to 1920x1200
- Suitable for educational institutions, conference centres and digital signage applications
- Can be locally configured and controlled using the front panel buttons
- Also remotely controlled by using an IR remote, a serial port connection, via Ethernet using a web browser or the Telnet protocol