Interworld Electronics announces the release of the ENVIROMUX-5D Advanced Server Environment Monitoring System from Network Technologies Incorporated (NTI).
Utilising sensors to monitor critical server room environmental and security conditions, the ENVIROMUX-5D provides for two internal sensors for temperature and humidity, five RJ45 ports for connecting external sensors, five digital (dry contact) inputs and two relay outputs.
Environmental sensors include: air, duct and pipe temperature sensors, humidity sensors, liquid/water and smoke detectors while security sensors include: a range of power, motion, vibration and intrusion detectors.
When an environmental sensor goes out of range of a configurable threshold or a security sensor is triggered, system administrators will be notified via email, alarm beacon, front panel LED indicators, web page notification, network management (SNMP) software or an SMS message (via external GSM or 3G modem).
Feature highlights of the ENVIROMUX-5D Advanced Server Environment Monitoring System:
- Can monitor (ping) up to 64 IP addresses to determine if critical server or network equipment is up and running
- IP surveillance cameras can be viewed simultaneously via a web interface
- Event-triggered IP camera snapshots can be sent via email
- Two USB ports allow alerts to be sent via USB 3G modem or log data to be downloaded to a USB drive
- Powered via 240VAC power adapter
- Optional rechargeable SLA battery can provide back-up power for two hours of operation