Interworld Electronics announces the release of the new ACCES I/O range of PCI Express 4-port multi-protocol serial communication cards.
The PCIe-COM-4SMRJ/DB Series multi-port serial cards provide four high-speed serial communication ports for use in a wide variety of applications. Each serial port can be individually configured by software to operate in RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 mode.
Each COM port is capable of supporting data rates up to 3Mbps and implements full modem control signals in RS-232 mode to ensure compatibility with a broad variety of serial devices.
On-board high performance 16C950 UARTs provide 128-byte transmit and receive FIFO buffers for each port, and can support 7, 8 and 9-bit data protocols.
Key features of the multi-protocol serial cards
- ±15kV ESD protection on all signal pins and selectable termination for RS-485 applications
- Four models available including two dual protocol RS-422/485 models with either DB9 or RJ45 serial connectors and two triple protocol RS-232/422/485 DB9 or RJ45 models
- Cards feature x1 lane PCI Express connector, which can be used in any available x1, x2, x4 or x8 PCI Express expansion slot
- RJ45 models require a single PCI-Express slot and provide four RJ45 connections on the cards’ I/O back plate
- DB9 models provide two DB9 outputs per I/O back plate and require two back plates to connect to the four serial ports
Serial communication cards are designed to offer serial compatibility for PCI Express bus computer systems and are used by system integrators as well as manufacturers in the design of industrial and commercial systems.