THE International Rectifier (IR) DirectFET power package is a breakthrough surface-mount power Mosfet packaging technology designed for efficient topside cooling in a SO-8 footprint.
In combination with improved bottom-side cooling, the new package can be cooled on both sides to cut part count by up to 60% and board space by as much as 50% compared to devices in standard or enhanced SO-8 packages. This effectively doubles current density (A/in2) at a lower total system cost.
The DirectFET Mosfet family offerings match 20V and 30V synchronous buck converter Mosfet chipsets, followed by the addition at 30V targeted for high frequency operation.
The DirectFET Mosfet family is also available in three different can sizes giving maximum flexibility for all design needs.
* RoHs compliant containing no lead or bromide
* 1.4°C/W junction to case thermal resistance (Rth(J-C)) enables highly effective top-side cooling
* Less than 1°C/W Rth(junction-pcb) in same footprint as SO-8
* Over 90% lower die-free package resistance (DFPR) than SO-8
* 0.7mm profile compared to 1.75mm for SO-8
* Direct chip attach with no wire bonding or lead-frame
* Lower package inductance for higher frequencies
* Compatible with high volume manufacturing equipment and processes.