Leslie Consulting offer mechanical engineering design, analysis and certification services to customers in the mining and manufacturing industries.
The company first implemented SolidWorks from Intercad in 1996 and more recently upgraded the capability to include data management software, PDMWorks from Intercad, so Leslie Consulting could work more closely with their customers, mining equipment manufacturers CQMS.
- Difficulty managing multiple work sites and personnel
- Time wasted due to significant delay in receiving files, product information and 3D models requested from other sites
- Unstructured work environment meant work was often completed twice by two different sites
- Difficulty ensuring the security of, and recording revisions made to, drawings and models
- Multiple users can work together as if they were in the same office
- Design data and files received instantly, compared to previous lag time of two days
- Product information and design data revisions and histories captured and made available to team members regardless of their location
- Individual login details and access rights required to make changes to product information, increasing data security
James Constable, Senior Engineer, Leslie Consulting said that, Leslie Consulting researched the benefits of Intercad’s PDMWorks comprehensively before implementation and found the cost of not having a product data management system could be estimated at between $400,000 and $1,000,000 each year in wasted time, rework, rejected parts and other investigations.