SolidWorks from Intercad improves simulation, visualisation capabilities for leading Australian-owned welding and design business. Jaws Buckets and Attachments, an Australian attachments manufacturer for the mining, construction, earthmoving, quarrying and materials handling industries, has improved its parts design productivity by up to 40 per cent since switching to 3D computer-aided design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM) software, SolidWorks.
Palitha Senanayake, Engineering Manager for Jaws, says customers wants to see their products before confirming orders, which necessitates 3D design. “SolidWorks also makes it much easier for us to present complex designs to our support and engineering teams, and we frequently use it to present ‘exploded views’ of a product to identify parts, and to describe assembly and operation procedures to include in operations and installation manuals. The end-result for us is a conservative 30 to 40 per cent gain in productivity, which is not insignificant in a company our size.”
SolidWorks, supplied and implemented by value-added CAD/CAM distributor Intercad, replaced an older 2D CAD/CAM software solution six years ago, and since then has allowed Jaws to expand its design services and provide its customers with more detailed designs and product simulations using advanced 3D modelling functionality.
Benefits of using Intercad CAD software include:
- Compared to a flat 2D design, SolidWorks CAD software gives a 3D model that shows all aspects of the product
- Combined with Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Solidworks CAD software gives customers a solid understanding of what they’re buying
- Intercad works in conjunction with its customers to ensure they are getting the most out of their CAD/CAM software package
- The company’s training and technical support programs are essential in assisting customers meet not only their design challenges but also their business objectives
- Integrated CAD design software that can take a product from initial concept to finished prototype without leaving the computer
- In addition to the advanced functionality SolidWorks provides designers, engineers and manufacturers, our teams of training and technical support specialists can address almost any challenge