Gessner Industries specialise in general engineering and in the design and manufacture of farming equipment including the Lewis brand of rippers for dozers, loaders and graders.
The company also has a heavy industrial division that manufactures equipment for dozers including land clearing and equipment protection canopies, heavy-duty drawn scrapers and transportable water towers.
Gessner Industries, having used the SolidWorks design software from Intercad , found that it helped them to build and present an animated three-dimensional model before planning for production or cutting materials.
- Unable to accurately check moving mechanisms and clearances between parts with previous 3D solid modelling package
- Unable to move large assemblies with hundreds of parts as a 3D model
- Making errors correlating data from the solid model design to the detail drawings which then impacted accuracy of final shop drawings
- 3D SolidWorks renderings allow mechanisms and models to be virtually built and tested to ensure concept accuracy
- Clear and concise product presentations provide peace of mind for customers and ensure accurate interpretation of concepts so that all parties agree on the final design
- PDMWorks allows design data to be easily tracked and viewed by departments external to the drawing office
- SolidWorks eliminates repeated manual data entry and reduces drawing and typing errors, which were as high as 30 per cent prior to the implementation of the software