GHD, an international professional services company, have completed a wide range of projects in the infrastructure, mining and industry, defence, property and building and environment sectors. Established in 1928, GHD combine their industry experience with advanced technical tools to ensure clients’ objectives and aspirations are met.
GHD having used the SolidWorks design software from Intercad , found that its parametric environment enabled GHD to complete mechanical and structural work in much more detail, which means their projects are likely to be right the first time and delivered to clients’ exact specifications.
- Detail required for mechanical and structural projects very difficult to complete in a 2D environment
- Process to convert concepts into detailed designs was inefficient
- Difficulty integrating new projects on brown field sites
- 2D drawings not easily understood by non-technical parties who needed to use them to complete safety checks
- Up to 90 per cent reduction in requests for clarification on drawings and model views for specific projects
- 3D models and views created efficiently and accurately
- Installation of new projects can be virtually modelled to ensure no disruption to existing services and equipment
- 3D models allow Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOP) to be carried out and problems discussed and rectified in a virtual environment
- Construction crews less prone to errors as they can easily relate 2D drawings with the model