Burder Industries design and manufacture materials handling equipment including front-end loaders, forklifts and trenchers. The company has over 5,000 unique designs and customises machinery for each client specification.
Burder Industries, having used the SolidWorks design software from Intercad and found that it helped them to maintain the quality of their products. They have provide an overview regarding the challenges and benefits of SolidWorks.
- 2D design environment required highly skilled designers to produce documents and drawings
- Shortcuts in previous 2D software resulted in design errors
- Keeping track of revisions to designs
- Skills shortages affecting number of skilled designers available
- SolidWorks 3D interface is very intuitive
- Errors caused by shortcuts and poor drawings in the 2D environment reduced by 80 per cent
- PDMWorks data management tracks design iterations and controls access to the vault
- Less skilled operators can be trained up to a high level of proficiency in a short space of time