Intercad has launched SolidWorks 2011 3D CAD in Australia and New Zealand and they are celebrating with a series of free customer events throughout both countries in October.
SolidWorks 2011 3D CAD includes hundreds of refinements, such as:
- A boost to drawing functionality
- New technology for thermal simulations
- An enhanced user experience through memory and interface improvements
- New tools for greater collaboration with suppliers, partners and manufacturers
The new Defeature tool allows designers to strip details out of a design or model and control how much intellectual property is exposed to vendors, partners and customers.
“The Defeature tool is a great improvement...... Being able to send a model that includes only the details that are essential for approval or manufacture means you can preserve your design intent and your products can’t be replicated as easily,” says Intel Chief Executive Officer, Max Piper.
The features and enhancements in SolidWorks 2011 3D CAD include:
- Full integration of PhotoView 360
- Walk through functionality
- Drawing enhancements
- Dedicated HVAC thermal simulation
- Faster structural analysis
- Planar simplification
- Enhanced beam analysis
- Routing improvements
- Welded structure improvements
- 3DVIA Composer interactive storyboarding
- SolidWorks Enterprise PDM