Epix has introduced the PIXCI EC1 ExpressCard/54 frame grabber for Camera Link cameras and notebook computers. The PIXCI EC1 ExpressCard/54 frame grabber is available from Intelligent Vision .
The PIXCI EC1 supports almost all full, medium and base configuration Camera Link cameras with the PIXCI EC1’s 250-MB/s burst rate and 204-MB/s sustained data rates. The package includes the PIXCI EC1 and XCAP-Lite imaging program.
The PIXCI EC1 is a plug-n-play frame grabber requiring no hardware setup or adjustment. Install the board, load the software, connect the camera and capture images.
Upon startup, the XCAP imaging program reads a camera identification chip on the PIXCI EC1 frame grabber, allowing XCAP to load the appropriate video format and display the camera's dedicated Capture & Adjust Dialog.
The PIXCI EC1 ExpressCard/54 frame grabber offers:
- 191 megabytes per second, sustained, data transfer rate to laptop. Faster notebooks may provide up to 204 megabytes per second, sustained, data rates. Burst transfers at 250 megabytes per second.
- Camera specific controls - exposure, bit depth, gain, frame rate, etc.
- Camera operation in free-run mode for maximum frame rate capture.
- Camera operation in control (trigger) mode.
- Full, medium and base configuration camera link frame grabber
- ExpressCard compatible
- 250 Megabyte/sec burst transfers
- Line scan or area scan
- Camera frame rate sequence capture
- Triggered image sequence capture
- 64-bit memory addressing
- Camera integration and Async reset control
- Integration from microseconds to minutes
- Images stored in motherboard memory or directly to hard drive
- Compatible with 32 / 64-bit Windows & Linux
- ROHS compliant