The PXR4 controller from Fuji Electrics is packed with features, to meet a wide variety of needs in the process industries and temperature control. Some of the options that are available include RS485 communications, digital input, timer function, heater burnout alarm, dual outputs, and programmable alarms.
One of the stand out features is the large LED display, larger than any other 1/16 DIN controller on the market. The faceplate of the Fuji temperature controller is designed to be watertight and corrosion-resistant (IP66).
The easy-to-use 3-button keypad allows for programming similar to the popular PXW controller also from Fuji electric, and available from Instrument Project Engineering & Installations in Australia.
The PXR4 controller has all the standard features that one expects from Fuji Electric’s superior controllers, and more. In addition to auto-tuning and fuzzy control, the PXR4 controller now comes with self-tuning, an innovation in the control field. It automatically retunes the controller under certain conditions, without the need to revert to auto-tuning.
The standard 8-segment ramp/soak feature has been expanded to include two patterns that can be linked to create a 16-step profile. The PXR4 accepts temperature and process inputs, and offers two control outputs and two programmable alarms.
Now, one can easily set up the controller with the new programme configuration loader option with Windows-based software. Programs for different applications can be saved to and from the controller.
Program Loader interface
The Program Loader for Fuji Electric’s PX and PXR series controllers is a powerful tool for the OEM customer. Using the PXR4 Loader Assembly, the controller can be configured from a PC running on Windows environment.
- Retrieve or store controller data
- Selectively mask or unmask parameters for viewing on the controller
- Clone settings to other controllers from saved files
- Print data report
PXR-LITE communications software
PXR-LITE is free Windows-based software that is supplied with the communications option on a PXR controller. The PXR-LITE is the recent in control and monitoring of Fuji Electric’s PXR series controllers. The PXR-LITE provides continuous remote monitoring of single or multiple controllers using a single half-duplex RS-485 line.
- Monitor and control up to 31 controllers from a PC via RS485-RS232 signal converter
- Real-time charting and data-logging
- Remote setpoint adjustment
- Set control modes, alarms and other control parameters
- Remote auto-tuning and ramp-soak programming
- Live display of process and setpoint values, alarm annunciators
- View single-station or multi-station data
- Comprehensive help file included
- Runs on Windows Environment, 3.1 or Later
Advanced Control Functions
- PID Plus Self Tuning
- PID Plus Fuzzy Control
Large LED Display
- 4-digit, 13 mm-high display for PV
- Waterproof faceplate conforms to NEMA-4X/IP66
- Change between 2 setpoints
- Change between ramp/soak and standby
- Start/reset the ramp/soak
- Start/stop the auto tuning
- Cancel the alarm latch
- Start the incorporated timer
- On-delay or off-delay timer activated with digital input
- Up to 2 timer outputs can be obtained
- Obtain both heating and cooling control output
Heater Burnout Alarm
- If heater burns out, alarm goes off
- Up to 16 ramp/soak segments or two 8-segment patterns
- RS485 (Modbus protocol) interface permits remote monitoring from a PC. Free Windows-based software, PXR-LITE