Instrotech Australia offers the Calog-TEMP portable temperature meter calibration tool designed for testing, measuring and calibrating all thermocouple and RTD-based systems.
The small size, rugged design, rubber protective boot, high precision and long-lasting re-chargeable lithium ion battery pack makes the temperature calibrators well suited for industrial field calibration applications.
Using the simultaneous isolated combination of thermocouple or RTD sourcing and mA measuring, it is possible to calibrate any Tc/mA or RTD/mA temperature transmitter.
The mA measurement can be passive with a remote supply or active 4-20mA 2-wire with the Calog-TEMP generating the 24VDC loop supply.
The accurate mA measure and source on the temperature calibration tool allows it to be used for all mA loop testing and instrument calibration requirements.
For temperature monitoring over time Calog calibrators may be set in trend mode with a selectable timebase to graph a temperature profile. This is ideal for testing ovens or for optimising PID temperature controllers.
Data may be logged to the removable SD card in CSV format with user-selectable data fields and timebase. Logged data may also be retrieved via the USB port.
Key features of the Calog-TEMP temperature calibration tool include:
- Small, rugged, handheld construction with a protective rubber cover
- Graphic display of measured value, percent and battery status
- Measures, sources and simulates 0-24 mA with 0.01% accuracy and 1 microamp resolution
- Continuity test function
- Trend logging with programmable timebase
- Datalogging to SD card with programmable fields and times
- USB port for access to logged data
- Displays values in mA and % or % and mA
- Programmable auto-off, restart at last setting and selectable display resolution
- Measures and sources types K, J, T, B, R, S, E, N, U and L thermocouples
- Configurable internal, external or manual cold-junction compensation
- Accuracy better than 0.01% of FS excluding CJ errors and Tc errors with 0.1°C resolution
- Measures and sources Pt50, Pt100, Pt500, Pt1000, Ni100 and Ni120
- Simultaneously sources thermocouples or RTDs and measures mA
- Measures and sources Ohms and RTD in 2, 3 or 4-wire configurations
- Measures and sources -10 to 100 mV with 0.01% accuracy and 1 microvolt resolution
- Measures and sources 0 to 24mA with 0.02% accuracy and 1 microamp resolution
- Displays in °C, °F, Kelvin or Rankine
- Lithium Ion battery pack with 'fuel gauge' chip
- Built-in 24V transmitter power supply
- Plug-on bare-wire Tc CJC module supplied as standard
- Carry case, battery charger and test leads supplied as standard
- 2-year material and workmanship guarantee (excludes batteries)