The RM24100 series of Serial Radio Modem Transceivers are available from Instrotech Australia . These are economical radio modems which are used to transmit and receive serial data. They operate as wireless serial cable replacements in the licence-free 2.4GHz ISM band.
This Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum radio technology ensures reliable communications in electrically noisy environments.
Features of RM24100 Serial Radio Modem Transceivers:
- They may be used in peer-to-peer, point-to-point or point-to-multipoint networks.
- Available in either surface-mount or rail-mount housings
- These radios meet CE and C-Tick EMC and EMI requirements
- They are software configurable to limit the maximum transmit power output level
- Supplied with 2.1dBi dipole antenna
- Indoor and urban range is about 100m and line-of-sight communications is as much as 1km when they are used with standard aerials