'Introduction to SCADA Systems Integration’, professional development courses will be held around the country by the Institute of Instrumentation, Control & Automation Australia .
The course explains the parts and technologies that make up a Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system and shows you how to evaluate potential benefits of applying this technology to your own process application.
Some of the benefits upon finishing the course are:
- Understanding of the various components and base standards of a SCADA system
- Understanding of the background and history of component technologies
- Identification of potential benefits of applying SCADA to both common and your industry
- Understanding of the limitations of SCADA systems
- How to calculate the “scan time” required for SCADA systems of various sizes
- Understanding the terms used in describing the technology
- Understand the concepts of digital coding, protocols, modulation methods, their necessity and where they are most effectively applied.
- Evaluation of the benefits of several examples of Remote Terminal Units (RTUs), Master Terminal Units (MTUs), and communications methods
The ‘Introduction to SCADA Systems Integration’ courses will be held at the following locations and dates:
- North Melbourne VIC - 26th May
- Townsville QLD - 8th June
- Gladstone QLD - 27th July
- Darwin NT – 3rd Nov
- Sydney NSW – 17th Nov