High barrier compostable cellulose-based NatureFlex NK film from Innovia Films has been selected by organic food wholesaler Infinity Foods to wrap its range of snack packs.
Launched in 2008, the transparent NatureFlex NK film is a compostable packaging film that also offers moisture barrier function achieved through Innovia Films’ unique coating technology.
Based in East Sussex, Infinity Foods is one of the UK's leading wholesale distributors of organic and natural foods.
Explaining the choice of NatureFlex, Kieran Gorman of Infinity Foods says that the company focuses on ways to limit their environmental impact and carbon footprint. Opting for a film such as NatureFlex was a logical progression for them.
Infinity Foods collaborated with packaging consultant, Andy Skinner of Aboxhigh for the creation of the pack design.
Andy says that NatureFlex is one of the most exciting products that he has been involved with over his 35 years in the packaging industry.
Listing out the benefits, he says the high visual shelf appeal of the packs coupled with sustainability and carbon footprint reduction fulfills all the criteria that Infinity Foods requires in their packaging.
Key advantages of NatureFlex packaging film:
- Compostable packaging films derived from wood pulp
- Easily breaks down in home compost bins or industrial compost environments within a few weeks
- Inherent deadfold and anti-static properties
- High gloss and transparency
- Resistance to grease and oil
- Good barrier to gases and aromas
- Print receptive surface
- Wide heat-seal range
- Certified to meet European EN13432 and American ASTM D6400 standards for compostable packaging
- Wood pulp is sourced from managed plantations from referenced suppliers operating Good Forestry principles
- NatureFlex films have a renewable biobased content of 95% by weight of material