Informa Australia have announced that the 4th annual Hot Rock Energy conference is to be held in Melbourne. Since Informa Australia’s inaugural event in October 2004, a national gathering of the geothermal sector, they have been supplying this industry with information on geo-scientific data, project updates, investment opportunities, technology challenges, international, national and state perspectives.
With prospective geothermal resources identified in every Australian state, the potential for this clean base-load energy in Australia is more and has been a great contributor to the country energy mix.
The following speakers will feature in the Hot Rock Energy conference:
- David Taylor, Geologist, Victoria Department of Primary Industries
- Graeme Wheller, Exploration Manager, KUTh Energy
- Terry Teoh, Executive Manager, Development, Pacific Power
- Mark Miller, Managing Director, Greenearth Energy
- Mark Schneider, Specialised Funds and Investments, Investec Bank
- Scott Connel, Senior Manager Business Development, ElectraNet
- Paul McShane, Chief Research Officer, Monash Sustainability Institute
- Eugene Fung, Partner – Corporate, DLA Phillips Fox
- Colin Randall, Managing Director, Near Surface Geothermal Energy
- David Norris, A/Director, Petroleum and Royalties Division, Western Australia
- Bertus de Graaf, Managing Director, Panax Geothermal
- Joe Reichman, Managing Director, Clean Energy Australasia
- Stephen Biggins, Managing Director, Southern Gold