THE Gunnedah basin has been label "the new coal frontier", with an estimated recoverable coal reserve of 1,290 million tones. For those with coal a vital part of their business, this comprehensive briefing on the next coal exporting region in NSW will prove invaluable, says Informa Australia Pty Ltd .
The booming global coal market has incited coal exploration and development across the eastern seaboard, and in particular in the Gunnedah Basin where the low ash content makes its coal a premium in the market.
This conference will give insights on:
* The outlook for coal
* The opportunities and challenges of exploration and development in the Gunnedah Basin
* Sustainable mining and community engagement
* The requirements and issues for transport and infrastructure developments
* Mine and planned project updates
* The Ashford area - a project update
The event also includes an optional site visit to the Whitehaven Truck and Shovel Operation and a separately bookable conference dinner which expands the attendee’s networking opportunities.
Speakers will include:
* Dr Nikki Williams, Chief Executive, NSW Minerals Council
* Keith Ross, Managing Director, Whitehaven Mining
* Dr Philip Clark, Director of New Projects, BHP Billiton
* Richard Fortune, Consultant - Mining & Engineering, Downing Teal Pty Ltd
* Col Randall, Chairman, Curlewis Coal & Coke
* Doug Peters, Construction Manager, Idemitsu Boggabri Coal
* Keith Barker, Managing Director, Northern Energy Corporation
* Peter Winder, General Manager -Coal, Pacific National
* Derek Harris, Manager, Planning & Development, Australian Rail Track Corporation
* Tony Jones, Chairman, Association of Mining Related Councils
* Derek Eamus, Professor, Environmental Sciences Associate Dean of Research, University of Technology Sydney
* Councillor Gae Swain, Mayor of Gunnedah Shire Council
For more information, or to receive a free brochure, please call our customer service department on +61(0)2 9080 4307, email email@example.com or visit our website on www.informa.com.au/gunnedahcoal.