Mentor Graphics Corporation, represented in Australia by In-Circuit Design , has next generation Pads that flow with the introduction of Pads2007.
This new release offers layout designers and engineers the ability to implement RF and microwave circuitry using highly automated functionality, perform design for fabrication DFF, checking early in the design process and optimise performance with advanced high-speed analysis and verification functionality, thus significantly improving their productivity and design quality.
According to Mentor Graphics, it continues to invest in the future of Pads by strengthening the capabilities of designers to integrate RF circuitry design, high-speed net analysis and routing and DFF into the Pads design flow.
This new release extends Mentor Graphics’ technology leadership by moving these sophisticated design capabilities into the Pads desktop PCB solutions.
According to Harris Corporation, it is excited about the new enhancements and features that are included in the new Pads 2007 release.
The new library structure and direct DXF into the decal editor will save hours of effort for Harris Corporations’ EDA librarian staff by solving alpha-numeric translation issues and importing RF modelling directly into the decal editor.
The new RF module has several time saving features. Trace manipulation for RF circuits, automated via shielding for sensitive traces, via plane flooding feature that is user selectable for interior plane fill or exterior edge fill.
Manual via shielding for RF or EMI is now a thing of the past.
Additional enhancements include:
- High-speed routing improvements: controls for matched length nets and differential routing improvements
- Square and chamfered corners, DXF-in import and via matrixing enhancements for RF design
- Blind/buried via drill table improvements: designs with partial vias blind or buried are automatically updated with the layer pairs and drill count of the partial vias in the design
- Alpha-numeric pin improvements: simplifies creation of large BGA-based parts
- ECO enhancements: includes comparison of design rules between the schematic and layout databases
- Design for fabrication (DFF) analysis: powerful fabrication checks, such as acid trap, starved thermals, solder mask slivers are checked in the CAD environment and database allowing the designer to identify and correct manufacturing problems in Pads layout, before Gerber generation
- Pin number visibility: the user has the ability to turn on/off the visibility of the component pin numbers, either numeric or alpha-numeric, improving designer productivity during routing.
- SI analysis: integration of DxDesigner and the HyperLynx LineSim tool through a new interface allows fast transfer of a circuit for analysis and back annotation of termination resistor values.
- Analogue simulation: provides a board level simulation analysis and verification through a common schematic editor for both simulation and PCB design entry.