High performance self-cleaning filters:
Imatech’s Zero Gravity Filters (ZGF) provide unique 100% efficiency in a fully automatic PLC controlled self-cleaning liquid filtration system, designed for filtration ratings from 20 to 400 micron absolute and flow rates ranging from 5 LPM to 60,000 LPM or higher.
Features and benefits of Zero Gravity Filters:
- 100% clean with each backwash provides 24/7 operation
- Fully automatic, self-cleaning operation saves labor
- Precision engineered gap ensures efficient particle retention and removal
- Stainless steel filter element eliminates disposable media
- Modular design saves valuable floor space
- Uninterrupted flow during backwash increases system uptime
- Minimal moving parts through simplicity of design reduces maintenance and operating costs
Applications Imatech’s Zero Gravity Filters can be used in many applications in various industries including:
- Waste water treatment
- Cooling towers
- Food and beverage
- Laboratory equipment
- Pulp and paper
Unique filtration technology:
- The filter element is a spiral coil made from aerospace grade stainless steel with raised nidges on the coil’s surface to ensure precise and absolute filtration ratings.
- The filter element is interchangeable, and is available in 20, 35, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200 and 400 micron.
- The element is indestructible under normal operating conditions.
Basic operating principle of Zero Gravity Filters:
Liquid can pass through the gaps in the coil but particles above the required filtration rating are trapped on the outside of the element. During backwash the flow across the coil is reversed, forcing it to open. The coil is wound with a variable pitch allowing the element to open evenly from top to bottom.
This opening of the element breaks up the cake of debris which has built on the outside of the element and releases any lodged or wedged particles for easy removal. In addition, the backwash flow will cause the turns of the coil to shimmer ensuring 100 percent cleaning with an absolute minimum loss of liquid after each and every backwash.
Construction of Zero Gravity Filters:
The filters are controlled with only a 24VDC differential pressure switch and pneumatically actuated valves providing:
- Minimal moving parts
- Easy maintenance
- Robust construction
- Simple and reliable operation
Modular and scalable:
ZGF filtration solutions can accommodate any flow rate and micron combination by adjusting the number of available elements. They are available in 3 standard models:
- The Easyclean system, which is Small in size and 0-600 LPM
- The Phoenix system, which is Medium in size and 600-2,000 LPM
- The System 2000 system, which is Large and > 2,000 LPM