Video Over IP
The MEM-4660 Ethernet port, available from IRT Electronics , acts as a gateway between a 270Mb/s ASI or SDI, and a Gigabit Ethernet network environment.
The MEM-4660 Ethernet port is designed to operate as a pair with one unit at each end of the link. The unit can be set up to act as a transmitter or receiver for uni-directional operation, or as a transceiver (transmitter and receiver) for bi-directional operation. It is also possible to use multiple units at multiple locations to receive from a single transmitting unit.
All parameters are set and read through a Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) system. The MEM-4660 Ethernet port must be operated, or at least set up, in one of IRT Electronics’ frames fitted with SNMP capability. Forward Error Control (FEC) can be enabled or disabled on the transmitter with a 4/5 length/depth setting.
The MEM-4660 Gigabit Ethernet port has automatic MDI/MDI-X detection. This detects whether the Ethernet interconnect cable is a straight through or cross over type and automatically switches itself to accommodate.
The MEM-4660 Ethernet port is designed to fit IRT Electronics’ current Eurocard 1RU and 3RU frames fitted with SNMP control.
The MEM-4660 Ethernet port has the following features:
- 270Mb/ASI/SDI to Gigabit Ethernet to 270Mb/ASI/SDI conversions
- Set up as either a transmitter, receiver or both (transceiver)
- Supports enabling of Forward Error Correction (FEC)
- IP de-jittering
- RTP encapsulation
- SNMP setup and control
The MEM-4660 Ethernet port has the following technical specifications:
- Input: Type 1 x 270Mb/s, ASI or SDI, BNC connector
- Impedance: 75 Ohm.
- Return Loss:>15dB 5MHz to 270MHz
- Equalisation:<300m at 270 Mb/s for Belden 8281 or equivalent cable
- Front Panel Indicators: 270Mb
- 270Mb ASI or SDI connected – Green (transmitter init)
- Link LAN Activity - Green
- RTP Rx: RTP packets received – Green (receiver unit)
- FEC Rx: Forward error correction packets received – Green
- Alarm general alarm present - Red
- Power Requirements: 28V AC CT (14-0-14) or 16V DC
- Power consumption: <5V A
- Temperature range: 0 to 50°C ambient
- Mechanical: suitable for mounting in IRT 19" rack chassis with input, output and power connections on the rear panel
- Finish front panel grey, silk-screened black lettering and red IRT logo
- Rear assembly
- Detachable silk-screened PCB with direct mount connectors to Eurocard and external signals
- Dimensions 6 HP x 3 U x 220mm IRT Eurocard
- Ethernet: Type standard IEEE 802.3
- Data rate: 1Gb/s
- Connector: RJ-45
- Output: Type 1 x 270Mb/s, ASI or SDI (dependent on source unit), BNC connector
- Signal level: 800 mV ± 10%
- Impedance: 75 Ohm
- Return loss: >15dB 5MHz to 270MHz
- General alarm: Short to ground circuit on loss of Input (on transmitter), loss of RTP (on receiver), or link loss