MDT-3670 ASI to ASI and G.703 Network Interface Adapter is part of a family of data transcoders for converting between the commonly used MPEG2 Transport Stream formats in the broadcast industry for video distribution.
The MDT-3670 ASI to ASI and G.703 Network Interface Adapter can operate at ASI rates from 2 Mb/s to 50 Mb/s.
The input ASI stream can be rate adapted (and optionally PCR restamped) to an E3, DS3 or framed DS3 rate.
Front panel switches allow Read Solomon encoding, Interleaving and Scrambling (energy dispersal). The input signal can be converted from 188-byte packet size to 204 prior to encoding.
After encoding, two outputs are provided. An ASI output and a G.703 output, which may be at E3 or DS3 (framed or unframed) rate for interfacing to Telco type of systems.
There are several industry modes of encoding that can be encoded by the ASI to ASI and G.703 Network Interface Adapter MDT-3670. They are loosely classified as follows:
- Standard: Full rate [no rate adaption]
- Upstream: Rate adapted input (PCR restamping)
- Downstream: Packet stuffed [no PCR restamping]
- Compatible: Legacy framing.
This range covers most of the ASI/G.703 transmission methods from both IRT and many other equipment manufacturers.
The MDT-3670 ASI to ASI and G.703 Network Interface Adapter is fabricated in IRT Electronics ’ standard Eurocard format and may be housed in a variety of IRT’s frames.
- Wide range of ASI to ASI and G.703 conversions
- E3, DS3 or “Special” DS3 operation
- Reed Solomon encoding
- Packet length indication
- Selectable 188 to 204 byte conversion
- Packet stuffing with or without PCR restamping.