Now in its third year Mining the Pilbara has established a great foundation and allowed a variety of resource industry players to showcase their latest projects and current developments in the Pilbara region.
With last week’s announcement of Rio Tinto and BHP Billiton’s $US6 billion joint venture and Fortescue Metals joint operation with BC Iron Ltd in the Pilbara region, the event was even more pertinent.
This year saw a number of key presentations from senior representatives of companies operating in the Pilbara including:
- Stephen Webster, CEO, Pilbara Development Commission
- Blair McGlew, Head of Land Access, Fortescue Metals Group
- Jeremy Sinclair, General Manager Pardoo, Atlas Iron
- Justin Walawski, Deputy Chairman & Chief Executive, The North West Iron Ore Alliance
- Derek Fisher, Managing Director, Moly Mines
- Bruce McQuitty, Managing Director, Warwick Resources
- Charles Schaus, Managing Director, Aurox Resources
- Jim & Wanda Kaucz, Department for Planning and Infrastructure
- Rod Hayes, Managing Director, Horizon Power
Mining the Pilbara addressed all the aspects of note to the mining sector in the region including skill shortages and accommodation concerns with all the key stakeholders and mining executives present to debate and strategise at the event.
Delegate feedback was very positive with many welcoming a repeat event next year:
”Considerable amount of new and current information” Justin McKirdy, MRWA
”I was able to chat with all the various players and gave me a uniqueopportunity to get my message across” Jim Mahoney, Main Roads
”Great range of speakers on relevant topics” Dallas Horadam, Metalytics
”Good content, very insightful” Darren Sharp, Rio Tinto
”Great workshop, tailored discussion to my individual needs” Rob Humphryson, Macmahon Holdings
IIR Conferences continues it’s series of Regional Mining Events with Mining North Queensland, 29-30 Jun, Townsville, Mining NSW, 1-2 Sep, Orange, and Mining South Australia, 2-3 Dec, Whyalla.
For full details visit www.regionalminingevents.com.au