While typical emergency stop switches use spring pressure designs that are susceptible to breakage or dislodgement, 'safe break action' reverses the energy direction and uses the spring pressure to assure that NC contacts will open if the emergency switch is damaged or the contact blocks separate due to excessive force. NC contacts are designed to open, even when welded, and stop the machine.
Push-turn or push-pull reset functions on these switches eliminate any possible confusion for operators when resetting the switch.
Other features of XA and XV emergency stop switches from IDEC include:
- Highly durable manufacture
- Direct opening action mechanism
- Safety lock mechanism
- Degree of protection IP65
- Solder or PCB terminal options
- 40mm button size
- UL recognised, c-UL approved, EN compliant