Increasingly, CIOs are thinking outside the box with regard to emerging technologies and how they can transform their companies to create business value, which positions them as strategic leaders within their organisation.
A joint CIO Summit held on Tuesday, 19th August, was hosted by IDC and CIO Magazine, which explored the strategic role of the CIO, which is requiring a new mind-set that begins with blurring the lines between IT and business.
According to Graeme Muller, Managing Director of IDC Pacific, the CIO Summit was positioned to help IT decision-makers identify future threats to their company's business model, discover emerging opportunities created by their IT innovations and show them how to utilise the advantages the company can create through shrewd IT investment.
Highlights included the presentations listed below:
- Tom Lamming, Telstra's Technology & Transformation Advisor on Data Centre Transformation
- Tim Dillon, Associate VP Research, IDC on the CIO Exposed: The Latest Forecast for Management survey results
- Aprajita Sharma, Research Manager, IDC on Outsourcing Decisions and The Push Toward ‘Green Sourcing’
- Lynley Lee, ICT Manager, AssureQuality on Organising the Chaos
- Alan Perkins, Director Research Projects, Altium Limited on Innovation in the Cloud
- Linda Kennedy, Editor, CIO Magazine on The State of the CIO
The CIO Summit was sponsored by EMC (Diamond), Novell (Platinum), Juniper (Platinum), Salesforce.com (Platinum) and Informatica (Roundtable Sponsor).