The TI OMAP Sitara AM3715 Cortex-A8 processors are part of TI’s Sitara family of highly-integrated ARM9 and ARM Cortex-A8 microprocessors offering various combinations of high-performance and low power levels, and providing the ability to create an array of products using a common hardware and software platform.
The TI OMAP Sitara AM3715 Cortex-A8 processor allows users to reduce system risks and accelerate time-to-market using standard and comprehensive ARM-based software development tools. TI is a leading ARM core licensee supporting all major high-level operating systems such as Android and Windows CE.
Key features of TI OMAP Sitara AM3715 Cortex-A8 processors:
- Offers up to 450MHz ARM9 to 1.5GHz Cortex A8 devices
- Industry-leading widely available Cortex-A8 devices with 2DMIPS per MHz
- Graphics acceleration up to 27M polygons/s performance for an advanced user interface
- Connectivity includes 10/100/1000 Ethernet, CAN 2.0, USB interface, multiple serial port options per device and SATA interface
- Flexible LCD controller for up to 720p displays and moving to 1080p in future devices
- High speed DDR2 and DDR3 memory performance
- Supports operating systems such as Linux, Windows CE and RTOS at 10M polygons/ second for robust GUIs
- Multi-window overlay for the hardware accelerated user