ICP Electronics Australia introduces a new line of IP-based Tiny Ethernet I/O monitoring and control modules from ICP Das.
The t(P)ET-P2R2/tET-P2R2 Tiny Ethernet I/O modules can be remotely controlled through a 10/100M Ethernet network by using Modbus TCP/UDP protocol. Modbus has become a standard communications protocol in industry, and is now the most commonly available means of connecting industrial electronic devices.
The Modbus protocol makes the t(P)ET-P2R2/tET-P2R2 I/O modules ideal for integration into the HMI, SCADA, PLC and other software systems.
The tET-P2R2 and tPET-P2R2 Tiny Ethernet I/O modules contain two channels of photo-isolated digital inputs and two channels of form-A power relay outputs. The module can be used to create a DI to DO pair-connection through the Ethernet.
Once the configuration is completed, the t(P)ET-P2R2/tET-P2R2 module polls the status of the local DI channels and then writes to a remote DO device continuously in the background using the Modbus/TCP protocol.
Key features of the t(P)ET-P2R2/tET-P2R2 I/O modules:
- Powerful 32-bit MCU enables efficient handling of network traffic
- Built-in web server provides an intuitive web management interface to allow users to modify the settings of the module including DHCP/Static IP or gateway/mask
- Designed for ultra-low power consumption offering true IEEE 802.3af-compliant Power over Ethernet (PoE) using a standard cat 5 Ethernet
- Can also accept power input from a terminal block if no PoE is present
- Built-in dual watchdog timer ensures continuous operation of the modules even in harsh environments
- CPU watchdog automatically resets the CPU if the built-in firmware is operating abnormally
- Host watchdog’s digital output is set with a predefined safe-value when there is no communication between the module and the host for a period of time