ICP Electronics Australia introduces the GW-7472 Ethernet/IP adapters to Modbus RTU Master Gateway from ICP DAS.
Designed for data exchanging between the Modbus RTU network and the Ethernet/IP network, the GW-7472 Ethernet/IP adapters read the register data from the Modbus RTU slaves and publish the data to the input register of the Ethernet/IP scanner.
The output data transmitted by the Ethernet/IP scanner can also be updated to the register data of the Modbus RTU slaves.
Key features of GW-7472 Ethernet/IP adapters:
- All Modbus slaves can be regarded as a single Ethernet/IP adapter
- Allows a maximum of 6 Explicit Messaging Connections and 1 Implicit Message Connection at any one time
- Enables 7 Ethernet/IP scanners to connect to one GW-7472 at the same time
- Modbus RTU master functions can scan up to 30 Modbus RTU commands
- Scans the pre-defined register addresses in all the Modbus RTU slaves during booting and updates the input and output register data of the Modbus devices accordingly
- Simple installation due to a tiny form-factor
- Users can embed it into a machine or directly attach to a serial device
- Powerful 32-bit MCU efficiently handles network traffic and offers IEEE 802.3af-compliant Power over Ethernet (PoE) via standard Cat 5 Ethernet cable
- Can be powered via the Ethernet cable when using a PoE switch, or alternatively via a DC adapter
- Redundant power interfaces ensure uninterrupted power supply in case one fails