The new generation of portable hardness Leeb type series offer accurate testing solutions for on-site testing in workshops and in field operations for quality assurance.
The Leeb type series conforms to Leeb test methods ASTM A956 and new standard DIN 50156-1.
The slim and ergonomic Wolpert Wilson M-290, available from Hylec Controls , is a pocket type tester and has an integrated impact device type D.
Any metal product with a minimum solid mass of 2kg or more can be tested in any hardness scale. Test results appear immediately on the back-lit display.
The M series features standard batteries, internal memory and an RS-232 output. Various support rings allow for testing on a variety of part geometries.
The Wolpert Wilson M-290 pocket type tester has the following features:
- Integrated impact device type D converts directly to scales of HV, HB, HRC, HRB, HRA, HS and tensile strength
- Accurate Â± 0.5% at 800 HL
- Limits setting with auto-indication
- Correction for impact direction 360 degrees
- Standard AAA batteries to avoid charging time
- Immediate display of test results
- Direct keys for test setup
- Internal storage of measured values
- Downloading through RS-232
- Portable thermal mini-printer
- PC interface software included at no charge
- Large display with a back-light feature
- Light weight but strong anti-shock casing with a sealed membrane keypad