REMET Micromet saw, available from Hylec Controls is suitable for making precision cuts with minimal loss of material and without inducing alterations.
The Micromet is used to produce mineralogical samples in thin slices and is available in three versions:
- Automatic: All logging operations are controlled from the front panel. The progress of the sample is controlled by a sensitive electro-hydraulic system with visualisation of the shear stress.
- Semi-Automatic: Progress is achieved by adjustable counter balance weights.
- Manual: The feed control of the sample is left to the operator through the external control lever
The wheel speed is continuously adjustable (0/3000 rpm) and transversal translation of the sample using the micrometer-arm allows cutting and thinning of any type of material.
The Micromet has been designed to eliminate problems related to wear and corrosion:
- Camera body and all major components are made from stainless steel
- Internal components are steel-coated with nickel for protection against corrosion or chemical action