Solinst oil water interface meters available from HydroTerra Pty Ltd offer clear and accurate measurements of product level and thickness in wells and tanks.
Determination of light (floating) non-aqueous phase liquids (LNAPL) and dense (sinking) non-aqueous phase liquids (DNAPL) is quick and easy.
The factory-sealed probes are pressure-proof and tapes are available in lengths ranging from 20m to 300m.
The 16mm diameter P1 probe allows easy access through tight spaces and into narrow wells. Oil water interface meters are designed for use in various monitoring applications.
Hazardous Locations Use
Model 122 oil water interface meters have been approved by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) for use in explosive environments. These interface meters are suitable for use in hazardous locations Class I, Groups C&D.
The grounding strap is a safety feature incorporated for situations when the meter is employed in potentially explosive environments. It also ensures that the electronics is properly protected.
To detect liquids, Solinst interface meters use an infra-red beam and detector. When the probe enters a liquid the beam is refracted away from the detector, which activates an audible tone and light.
If the liquid is a non-conductive oil/ product the signals are steady. If the liquid is water (conductive liquid greater than 50 μS/cm), the conductivity of the water completes a conductivity circuit. This overrides the infra-red circuit, and the tone and light are intermittent.
Both sensors use exactly the same zero point, giving accuracy up to 1/200 feet or 1.0mm. The high accuracy enables the sensors to detect the slightest sheen of oil on the surface of the water, which is indicated by a rapid intermittent tone.
Accurate, Reliable, Robust
- Designed for rugged field use
- Stable electronics with automatic circulatory testing
- Tape uses stranded stainless steel conductors:
- Non-stretch, does not corrode
- Resists kinking and breaks
- Easy to repair and splice
- Sturdy freestanding reel with carrying handle
High Quality Design
- State-of-the-art electronics includes automatic circuitry testing
- 120 hours of on-time battery life
- Clear signals and high accuracy
- Infra-red refraction is used to detect liquids and conductivity to distinguish water
- Optical and electronic sensors are precisely aligned at the same zero point
- Factory-sealed probe does not need to be accessed by the user
- Integral stainless steel shield protects the sensors while allowing easy cleaning
- Circuits are powered by 2 standard 9V batteries