Available in discharge sizes from 38mm through to 150mm, the diaphragm pumps use compressed air and a spring assisted air cylinder for operation.
Ramparts single diaphragm pumps are constructed for rugged conditions with extra thick casings (up to 30mm thick cast iron) along with long lasting diaphragms, ideal for pumping of all types of sludges and slurries, according to Hydro Innovations’ Garry Grant. The suction and discharge pressures can be independently set so that energy is not lost on either stroke while the diaphragm life is maximised.
Mr Grant explains that the pumps are most suited to those applications that other pumps struggle with including typical ‘maintenance headaches’ while pumping glass slurries, acid slurries, heavy sludge, and shear sensitive liquids.
Key features of Ramparts diaphragm pumps:
- Capable of flows from 1 litre per second through to 20 litres per second
- Capable of operating on suction lifts to 6 metres
- Lined with compatible elastomeric liners to enable pumping of corrosive slurries
- Easy servicing with simple and quick replacement of balls and seats of check valves
- Diaphragm can be replaced in an hour
- Able to pass large size solids
- Obstructions in valves can be removed in minutes through the quick-lock cover plates