A new range of aluminium in-line weld test tools from Hydratight is set to expand the capabilities of weld testing operations.
Hydratight’s new aluminium in-line test tools find application primarily in branch-line pipework where they can be used to isolate the line completely, create a vapour barrier for hot work or localise a line for flange weld testing.
Initially available in North America and expected to be launched globally later this year, the new lightweight weld test tools are self-centring and self-adjusting, and reduce installation guesswork. Their low weight allows typical sizes to be handled more quickly and efficiently. The tools feature double block and bleed isolation and once positioned, provide a verified vapour barrier for safe hot-work activity.
According to Western Region leader Steve Earney, the aluminium variants from Hydratight have proved very successful in Europe with the technology a perfect complement to the company’s many current solutions available for bolted pipework integrity. A natural extension of Hydratight’s general pipework integrity products, the in-line weld test tools allow a single technician to do the work of two people to the same level of accuracy.
Key features and benefits of Hydratight’s aluminium in-line weld test tools:
- Saves operators time by limiting the test area to the new weld or welded component only
- Minimised pressure test volume reduces system downtime
- Available in a range of sizes to accommodate all variations in nominal pipe size, wall thickness and flange configuration
- Tools available for pipe diameters up to 14” as standard, and up to 36” on request
- Aluminium variants offer faster installation and removal times than steel
- Wide integral seals create greater integrity during vapour barrier work
Hydratight will also continue to supply its existing heavier range of steel line isolation units for applications to which they are best suited.