Hydratight's AquaMax subsea tensioners offer a high load capacity on a wide variety of applications, up to 30% more than traditional tensioners, according to the Commercial Leader of Hydratight in Australia, Mr Neil Ferguson.
AquaMax subsea tensioners comprise of 19 bolt diameter-specific tools including eight tools forming the core range. AquaMax features Aquajack's industry-leading Quick Fastening Nut technology, guaranteed to save time and increase efficiency.
Primarily designed for use on subsea applications, each tool within the core range covers 100% of the standard flanges that utilise the bolt diameter it was designed for and approximately 80% of flanges that utilise the next size down.
Key features of AquaMax subsea flange tensioners:
- Fits all standard flanges including ANSI, API and Taperlok
- Compact design reduces the need for kit and total tool inventory costs
- Generates up to 50% more load than traditional tensioners with a maximum working pressure of 1500 bar
- Quick fastening reaction nut allows rapid tool application and removal regardless of bolt length, corrosion or thread damage
- Unique floating piston design tilts in any direction without loss of load, eliminating piston seizure and aiding tool retraction
- Large stroke capability with overstroke elimination