Designed for wastewater treatment plants, Roots turbo blowers offer a cost-effective, efficient and low-maintenance aeration solution for the treatment process.
The aeration blower in a typical aerobic digestion wastewater treatment plant accounts for 50-60% of total electricity consumption of the facility. Improving the process by a few percentage points can have a significant impact on the plant’s monthly electric utility bill.
Part of a product line that has been providing aeration blowers since 1929, Roots turbo blowers are available in units ranging from to 22.5 kilowatts to 300+ kilowatts.
Key advantages of GE’s Roots turbo blowers:
- Noise emissions as low as 75 dBA
- Oil-free lubrication with permanent magnet synchronous motor and next generation bump type air bearings
- Motor ratings from 22 kW to 300 kW
- Free air delivery up to 31,000 m³/h
- Working pressure from 0.3 bar to 1.8 bar
- Accurately meets compressed air demand
- Maintenance-free other than filter media requiring scheduled replacement
- Air cooled up to 112.5 kW and closed loop liquid cooled from 150 kW
- Very low vibration and compact size